Summary for 2016 Q2
- Experimented with multiple prototypes, testing with a weekly swap and review system.
- Spent the first 4 weeks working on 4 different prototypes core game each week.
- An ATB RPG, a 2D platformer, a top down shooter, and a word game.
- Spent the next 4 weeks designing and building their meta.
- Stopped on the word game and platformer, both are too hardcore for mobile.
- Spent 2 weeks each on ATB RPG and Top down shooter.
- After evaluation on development capabilities, the top down shooter seems a more achievable project, aiming for barebones.
This development method keeps things fresh, though at the expense of a full quarter, and still with zero income 3 quarters into it, the road ahead on the mobile platform looks uncertain for Panko. Can we develop a fun title? Can we market it? Can we sustain?
What's the studio branding? What should Panko be known for? I'd been thinking hard on these. Am still thinking...